|Maximum Basic Daily Fee (1)|
|- Standard Resident contribution||$46.50|
|- Protected resident contribution (2)||$42.40|
|- Phased Resident Contribution||$46.50|
|- Non-Standard Resident Contribution (3)||$52.79|
|Maximum Daily Income Tested Fee||$73.86|
Income tested fees are calculated as 5/12th of total assessable income over the income thresholds per fortnight for a single person or each member of a couple.
The thresholds for
|Pensioner allowable limit
for Accommodation bonds
If a resident first entered care prior to 20 March 2008 and agreed to pay a bond of more than 9 times the annual single age pension
|Minimum Assets Amount
A resident must be left with this amount when calculating the maximum accommodation bond.
|Asset Cut-off Level|
|- for fully supported resident status||$45,000|
|- for partially supported resident status||$116,136|
|- for concessional resident status||N/A|
|- for assisted resident status||N/A|
|Maximum Permissible Interest Rate|
|- for accommodation
bond agreements from 20th March 2014
|- for accommodation charge
(for all new residents from 20th March 2014)
Maximum Accommodation Charge for new entrants to residential care 20 March 2014 to 30 June 2014
|- for fully supported residents||N/A|
first entered residential aged care from 20 March 2014
non-supported residents, if their assets at entry are at least $116,136
supported residents, if their assets at entry are equal to or less than $116,136
Maximum Accommodation Charge for pre 20 March 2008 residents to residential care who enter residential care between 20 March 2014 and 30 June 2014
|- for concessional residents and charge exempt residents||N/A|
first entered residential aged care from
1/7/2004 to 19th March 2008
- assisted residents, if their assets at entry are at least $67,849
- assisted residents, if their assets at entry are less than $67,849
- other residents, if their assets at entry are at least $84,913
- other residents, if their assets at entry are less than $84,913
first entered residential aged care before
- assisted residents, if their assets at entry are at least $62,429
- assisted residents, if their assets at entry are less than $62,429
- other residents, if assets at entry are at least $78,927
- other residents, if assets at entry are less than $78,927
and rates from 20 March 2014
Threshold (couple combined)
amount (for bonds in excess of $39,720)
amount (for bonds no more than $20,520)
1. Residents in designated remote areas
may be asked to pay an additional $1.06 per day
(See section 7.3.9 of the Residential Care Manual)
2. Applies to residents who were in permanent care on 19 September 2009, including part pensioners with private income amounts above the income threshold for protected residents and self-funded retirees.
3. Rate applies to pre 20 March 2008 SFRs and MNDs and pre 20 March 2008 big bond payers
4. Contact the My Aged Care contact centre on 1800 200 422
5. Rate remains unchanged for resident's stay in the one home, regardless of annual indexation of the maximum rate for new entrants
6. From 20 March 2008, accommodation charges are capped, even if a resident moves from one home to another, provided that there is not a break in care of more than 28 days (excluding leave).
7 As advised by the Department of Health and Ageing.
8. And who haven't left permanent residential aged care for more than 28 days before entering care after 20 March 2008.
9. Accommodation charge limited to a maximum period of five years and is fixed at date of entry.
For more information please contact My
Aged Care contact centre on 1800 200 422